Thursday, June 12, 2014

moving on to the next phase

Jason & I returned home from our relaxing mini-moon in Taylorsville, Kentucky early today. We spent a few days golfing (him golfing, me driving the golf cart), bourbon and wine drinking, eating, sleeping in and getting massages. It was an incredibly relaxing way to wind down after the hectic nature of the weeks immediately before and after the wedding.

As soon as we got home we headed over to the Post Office in hopes of our wedding certificate having made it's way to us during our absence. Thankfully it was the only piece of non-junk mail waiting for us and we were able to head over to the Social Security Office to begin the process of making my new name legal. Initially the office intimidated me -- some of the people there were a little off their rocker -- but since we were there at 12 on a random Thursday we were able to get through the line quickly & I was over prepared with every form of identification I could possibly need, so we were in and out of there pretty quickly. The clerk said I should be able to use a printout with my new name and existing social security number on it to get my new license, so I'm going to tackle that and then getting my bank info switched over tomorrow.

Other than that, I'm trying to finish up our thank you cards -- only 17 more to go -- and organize our pictures from our wedding and honeymoon on Shutterfly. We're supposed to be getting our professional pictures back within the next 1-2 weeks, so I have a photo book set up so that I can insert some pictures and order our photo book ASAP once those are in.

My hope is that we'll be ready to move past all the wedding stuff in the next week or so & we can just enjoy being newlyweds for awhile in the very near future. For all the lead up to getting married, I am certainly feeling quite rushed to move beyond the wedding stage as soon as possible. Some people say they get depressed when all the wedding madness is over, but I'm not feeling that at all. Instead I'm just excited about everything this new married phase of life will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment